Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How To Irritate A Geek Into An Argument

Here are links to two of the interesting articles I ran across on the web today.

Top 10 Ways to Provoke a Geek Argument and Top 10 (More) Ways to Provoke a Geek Argument. Both are timeless and hilarious!

I started thinking to myself the things people say that really irritate me and may provoke me into an argument. Here is the beginning of such a list:

  • Evolution is just a theory
  • Anti-virus, and other security software just slows my PC down, so why bother with them?
  • Genetically modified organisms (GMO) go against the will of nature
  • If we don't pay the CEO multi-billions of dollars, we will not get any qualified person to do the job!
  • Oil companies are conspiring to push up the price of gas at the pump
  • I read this on the internet, so it must be true
  • You always get what you pay for
  • You need privacy only if you have something illegal to hide
  • If the label says All Natural, then it has to be good for you
  • Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger
I am sure I have heard a lot more over the years. They will come back to me one by one as these get repeated to me over time by various different people. Hopefully I will remember to come back and record them here for posterity!

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web