Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Good Week!

This is going to be a short post because there are too many things happening for me to spend time writing this post! Things at work went better than expected. I had a meeting for which I had to produce a presentation. But I did a pretty good job of it, and the meeting itself went off much better than expected. I did so well that I got an unexpected email from my director praising me for the presentation and the general conduct of the meeting!

I did not have much time to spend on the blog, but I still managed a pretty steady stream of posts to add to it. On Monday, I wrote up a post on performing full outer joins in Microsoft Access. On Tuesday, I posted a short story that my wife was actually impressed with. I don't know exactly why, but she particularly like the ending! Then on Wednesday came another installment of insights into the solution of quadratic equations. On Thursday, I posted up the fruits of my research into weird keyboards (and believe me, these are some weird keyboards). On Friday, I posted a humorous collection of R-rated signs!

The new country of the week this week was Iraq! Imagine my surprise. Somebody getting on the internet from Iraq is surprising enough. Somebody getting on the internet and visiting my blog is beyond surprising! So, now, visitors from 101 countries have visited my blog since the installation of the flag counter widget on my blog.

The weekend was quite busy too. I got a new webcam and wanted to try it out. I called my parents on Skype to see if the webcam worked well. I was pleasantly surprised by their praises for the quality of the webcam since it was a cheap $10 webcam which did not come with any software or even a user manual. All the package consisted of was the webcam itself in a box that had a lot of writing in broken English. As you can see, it does not even have a brand name! But my computer recognized it as soon as I plugged it in, and the picture quality on the other end of my Skype conversation was apparently quite good!!

Because the webcam did not come with a user manual, I don't know what capabilities it has and how I would go about accessing them. It works with Skype, and I am happy about that, but I don't know what else I can do with it, and more importantly, what I can not do with it! But, I have managed perfectly fine so far, having never owned a webcam before, so I am sure I won't miss whatever capabilities this webcam lacks!

Afterwards, my daughters had some rehearsals for a dance program they are going to participate in in March. They also had a rehearsal session for a singing program that come up in March too. In addition, they had their usual dance and singing lessons, so I was quite busy chauffeuring them all over the place.

One of my daughter's friends hosted a Valentine's day vampire party yesterday night, so I had to take my daughter there and pick her up after a couple of hours. Now, I have to get ready for another Valentine's day party a friend is hosting. It is actually a birthday party for this friend's daughter also.

Because of all these activities, I have not been able to prepare any blog posts for the coming week. I have to wing it somehow and hope that I will be able to create enough time to put things together day by day. You will know whether that happens or not if you follow my blog! That is all I have time for right now!!

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web