Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vacation-Planning Is Always So Much Fun!

Last winter, my brother-in-law and I planned a joint vacation for our families on the west coast. This summer, he wants to do the same thing, but on the east coast. He has not spent much time off the west coast, and to be perfectly honest, I have not visited many beaches on the east coast either, even though I live quite a bit closer to them than my brother-in-law does.

So, I started doing some research on beach resorts on the east coast. Most people I spoke to had good things to say about Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. So, I started collecting some more information focusing on Myrtle Beach and surrounding places.

Once I started digging around on the internet, looking for places to stay once we were in Myrtle Beach, I came across the Grande Shores Ocean Resort (through their website at http://www.grandeshores.com). It seems ideal for a family group like ours because rather than just hotel rooms, this resort also features condominiums of various sizes to accommodate different-sized groups. The resort is located right on the beach, on the Grand Strand, with gorgeous views of the ocean from most accommodations.

The resort's home page also allowed me to sign up for emails about Myrtle Beach vacation deals offered by the resort by filling out a simple form. This will hopefully allow me to time my vacation so as to reduce our costs even further. Grande Shores offers a huge variety of golf courses to play on in addition to the water sports and other beach-related amenities, so I am keeping a close look on my email to make sure I don't miss any specials that will allow me to take in a few rounds of golf at a significant discount.

I also did some research on independent web sites offering reviews of travel-related services. I found that most Myrtle Beach hotel reviews about Grande Shores were quite positive. I spent some time going through the comments in detail. Since I am in charge of research for this trip, I want to be able to talk authoritatively to my brother-in-law about the plans I am making, including the quality of the property, its amenities, etc.

Grande Shores can not help me with the last part of my vacation-planning though: and that is the coordination of vacation times so that I can actually pick a set of dates and make the final travel and resort stay bookings. Maybe the vacation deals they send me can help me get over that final painful part of the coordination process and make everything click! I will keep you posted as to what happens . . .

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web