Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Monday, June 14, 2010

Smart Phones Are A Smart Idea

Guest post written by Erin Walker

On a recent trip to New York City, I realized just how vital having a smart phone is in our society today. At the time, I had an Internet-capable phone but didn’t have the web-browsing feature activated because I’m constantly near a computer and check my e-mail frequently enough with clearwire internet – or so I thought.

But after I tried to figure out if I was about to enter the correct subway station a New Yorker in a meeting told me to go on to get to my next appointment, I knew that a smart phone definitely would have come in handy. Luckily, my friend had an iPhone and used a GPS feature to figure out that we needed to walk around one more corner of the park to get to the correct station and hop on the right train.

Soon after I arrived home from my trip I made a trip to my phone carrier’s office and added the Internet to my service. I probably don’t need the Internet on my phone, but it takes moments of panic like that one I had in New York to realize just how helpful such technology can be.

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web