Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How To Book Your Own Tour To Egypt

Content by Mac Kline

The last few years I have learned the lesson to plan my vacations online by myself. I go to Egypt every chance I get, and for the most part, I guess I have morphed into an expert. The bases for saving money on travel is to steer clear of the big package deals at the travel agencies. I don't like paying for their commission, the tour operator cuts and anybody else trying to get their fingers my wallet. The self booking option from the online travel brokers gave me absolute total control of the hotels, flights and ground transportation. Using just the basics: a little ingenuity, careful plotting and hughesnet packages to get online, I am now the travel agent and can do the best job for my own trips.

I start with three days in Cairo, which is actually two full days to take in the sights. Travel time from L.A. to northern Africa is horrific, so it's nothing but sleep on night one upon arrival. The next stop is three nights in Luxor to ramble through the Valley of the Kings and all the ancient monuments. Then, hop the train for a two hour zip to Aswan for another three nights. The next stop is either Hurghada or Sharm el-Sheikh, depending on the availability of the flights from Aswan. I use the major tour companies in Cairo to book all the day tours, and the cost is a fraction of what you would pay by buying a tour package at home. Each trip gets better and more well defined; I will never walk through a travel agent door again.

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web