Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Professional Tarp Protects Your Stuff From The Weather

As part of our next yardwork project, we got a big shipment of paving stones, sand, sealer and other materials delivered to our driveway from the home improvement store. The material came in the form of several pallets loaded with the material, packed with clear plastic wrap to keep it from falling off the pallet.

However, the clear plastic wrap is not the best protection for the material against the sun and rain. When it rained a couple of days after the delivery, water seeped inside the package through gaps in the clear plastic wrap and started accumulating in the material on the pallet. And then when the sun came out, the water encouraged the growth of various kinds of moss and other greenery among the materials on the pallets.

My contractor is going to be using the material only after a couple of weeks. In the meantime, it is important to keep all the supplies from being damaged by the weather, including rain, sun, etc. It is time for me to invest in a tarp to cover the supplies in so that I can leave them in the yard without having to worry about them getting damaged.

MyTarp.com is one of the biggest suppliers of professional tarps. They have a huge selection of tarps to choose from. The selection can be quite confusing because most people are not clear about what kinds of tarps can be used for what purpose, and what their advantages and disadvantages are. Some are more durable, some are less so, similarly some are more expensive, some are less so. Which one should I buy for the task at hand?

MyTarp.com has a handy comparison chart to compare different kinds of tarps, and what their advantages and disadvantages are. I consulted this chart right away once I decided I needed a tarp to protect my investment in building materials. Given that I need the material protected from the rain for a short period of time, and the tarp is unlikely to be subjected to much movement or wear and tear, I have decided it may be best for me to invest in a poly tarp for the time being. Now, it is just a matter of measuring the total area to be covered, and making sure I get a tarp that is big enough to do the job.

But, the more important thing for me is knowing that this resource exists on the internet for my use at any time. Earlier in the summer, we had a hail storm that dropped marble-sized hail for about 15 minutes in our neighborhood. One of my cars was parked in the driveway during this episode. The car was hit by hailstones, but luckily, it was not damaged this time. I might want to invest in a long-lasting, heavy tarp to protect my car from future hail-storms.

It may also come in handy in the winter if I can simply get rid of the snow on my car by pulling the tarp off and leaving it on the driveway for later cleanup instead of spending time in the morning trying to clean it off my car while I am in a hurry to get to work. As you can tell, tarps are very useful for a variety of purposes, and having a couple of them around the house may be quite handy. In addition to my poly tarp, maybe I should take this chance to order up a couple of neoprene covers too. It is time to do some research on sizes and thicknesses, I guess!

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web