Search The Web

Today's Headlines

Monday, October 4, 2010

Taxes, Appropriately Enough, Are Quite Taxing!

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about that, but this past week, it certainly did catch me by surprise. I had what seemed like an overwhelming amount of homework to complete in my tax class. Most of the exercises involved completing whole tax returns with lots of worksheets and schedules to be filled out by hand.

One of these complete tax returns was the basis for a review test which I also had to complete online last week. The review test consisted of several questions whose answers came from different line numbers in the completed returns. All in all, it was a hectic week, in which I was huddled with my tax books most of my after-work hours.

But I also made good progress at work last week, with my project moving along at a decent pace for the first time in several weeks. I have always found it easier to work collaboratively with somebody else rather than trying to pound at something by myself. So, I got a chance to work on some coding with a colleague and teammate of mine this week, and we made excellent progress. We designed data structures, wrote code, corrected bugs and zipped through several tasks, all in seemingly record time. I think independent work is highly over-rated. After all, it is not for nothing that they say two heads are better than one!

All this focus on work and homework though, meant that I did not get to work on my blog at all this past week. The only thing I can say about my blog is that a visitor from the British Virgin Islands landed on my blog this week. This makes it 152 countries from which visitors have visited my blog.

Homework is not as heavy this week as it was last week. I only have to complete the exercises in two chapters of the tax book this week as opposed to 3 or 4 chapters in each of the past two weeks. But next week, I have to take a midterm exam in the tax course. Quite taxing, you could say! So, it is time for me finish up this post and work on other things that need to be taken care of.

No comments:

Visitors Country Map

Free counters!

Content From TheFreeDictionary.com

In the News

Article of the Day

This Day in History

Today's Birthday

Quote of the Day

Word of the Day

Match Up
Match each word in the left column with its synonym on the right. When finished, click Answer to see the results. Good luck!

 

Hangman

Spelling Bee
difficulty level:
score: -
please wait...
 
spell the word:

Search The Web